Thursday, August 5, 2010

Behind the Design - Cell Extraction King


I have often been asked how do you come up with our your designs.  So I thought it would be fun to give you all behind the scenes look and thinking of how some of our best selling designs come about.

I would love to tell you that I light some candles, set on the floor in forward lending dog and deeply ponder on the space time continuum then slowly piece together the abstract colors and mood motivations to form the perfect design.

Sorry, it is lot more simple.  Things literally pop in my head.  If I am luck I am near a computer or piece of paper.  So I am doing one thing that I truly excel at, watching cornucopias amount of television.  You see I grow up as a latch key kid being babysat by Captain Kirk, The Skipper and Mr. Flintstone.  So one day I am in the ready position on the couch (Al Bundy is my personal hero!) and a Burger King commercial came on.  You know the kind of creepy ones with the guy in the BK King costume.  This of course provided me a flash back to Marine Corps boot camp.  I can still clearly see SSgt Singerhouse yelling in to my pimple covered face, “This is not Burger King, your not going to get it your way!”

That is it, the cosmoses had spoken.  So I found the BK logo and font, swapped out Burger King and replaced it with Cell Extraction.  Bam lighting has struck! 

If you have a great idea for a new design, send us an email:
john@correctionstees.com

No comments:

Post a Comment